Use the Admin Control Center web interface.
- Log in to the FLACS license server, i.e. the computer where your license hardware key (dongle) is inserted into the USB port.
- Open a web browser and go to: http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html
- Look for a local key with vendor ID equal 104628 (this is the vendor ID for Gexcon), confer the example below. Check that the key ID for your local key is the same as for your V2C file. In general the key ID is included in the file name of the V2C file, for example file name 963828531.v2c corresponds to key ID equal 963828531 (cf. image below). If in doubt, you can open the V2C file in a plain text editor to find the 'hasp id', which is the same as the key ID. The first few lines of the V2C file typically looks something like:
- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
- Next, click on 'Update/Attach' or go to: http://localhost:1947/_int_/checkin.html
- Click on 'Browse...' to select your V2C file received from Gexcon, and then click on 'Apply File' to apply this V2C file (see the image below).
- You should then get a confirmation that your license update included in the V2C file, was applied successfully (cf. the image below). Click on 'Download Confirmation File' if this is shown (cf image below), and send the confirmation file to Gexcon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Next, to see available FLACS features click on 'Features' or go to: http://localhost:1947/_int_/features.html
In the example below, you can see that the feature Flacs (core simulator flacs) is valid until Expiration Date 'Mon May 1, 2017 01:55'.
Use the 'FLACS Configuration Wizard'.
- Log in on the FLACS license server, i.e. the computer where the license hardware key (dongle) is inserted into the USB port.
- Open the 'FLACS Run Manager' and click on menu 'Help'. sub-menu 'Start Configuration Wizard...'.
- In the 'FLACS configuration wizard' tick off for 'Apply license update' and then click on 'Next'.
- Click on 'Choose file' to select the V2C file (license update file) received from Gexcon, and then click on 'Next'.
- You should then get a confirmation that your license has been updated successfully.
Alternative ways to install license update key.
It is also possible to install the V2C file remotely (not being logged in on the FLACS license server), or use the FLACS command line license configuration tool to install the V2C file. For more details, check the guidance in the section "Updating/renewing a license" in the FLACS User's Manual (you can find links to the manual here).